Guilt



Image result for Guilt


While we have been on the topic of guilt I thought it would be a good time to share what the Lord has shown me.

There is a good type of guilt.    And there is  a bad type of guilt.   That sounds like an oxymoron but the truth is there is  Godly sorrow that leads a person to repentance (2 Cor 7:10).   This would be conviction from the Holy Spirit.

John 16:8, "when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin..."

This type of guilt lifts when a person repents.   And than there is the accusations, the condemnations from the devil.   Condemnation is never from the Lord.   NEVER.    And God will not leave you feeling drained or attacked.  

Now this is where I am going to be extremely honest because this is where the Lord had to be the same way with me.    Any time we have false guilt,  it is a symptom of unforgiveness.    See I had so much guilt.    No I was not an ax murderer.   I honestly have not been a "bad girl".  But deep inside I had unforgiveness and I beat myself up over and over.   But what I haven't said yet is... that unforgiveness is directed at yourself.

  Colossians 3:13 says "...forgiving one another..." The phrase 'one another' in the Greekis Heautou, which also includes ourself!

Hebrews 12:15- See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

Sidenote:  If you have repented of your sins and you are still feeling guilt... go back and look for a stronghold of guilt.    This is back to not accepting Christ's sacrifice,  His love, and that your sins have been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!

I want to close with a few verses on forgiveness

Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."

Revelations 1:5, "And from Jesus Christ, who... washed us from our sins in his own blood."

Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."

Matthew 26:28, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Do you know what the NT Greek has to say about the word 'remission' here? "Forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty."

Isaiah 43:25, "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins."

Hebrews 9:14, "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Not only did God chose to forget your sins, but He also wants you to forget them as well. God's Word tells us to, "...draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10:22)

In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus tells us, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Comments System